Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Living rooted in Knowledge.



Let me start today not with food, but a little story - food for thought, equally flavorful I assure you :).

2 days ago we mourned the loss of our dear friend "Big screen TV". BST as we fondly remember him, was always there for us, waiting at the same spot! BST was grand in size and splendor but with great humility he would light up at our minutest touch. Pleasing, friendly, accommodating and never judging, BST was a true companion.
In all the years we knew him, BST never changed; Sure he added on new channels, and had decent picture quality for HD, but even as LCDs strutted in, BST sat there, holding up his "Plasma" chin.... waiting as life passed him by, and passed those who sat around him. Well, 2 days ago he died; 
And all that is left of him, are a few fond memories, ephemeral as the hearts of those holding them...

To mourn deeply the loss of a broken electronic and obsolete object, one would label ridiculous. When I shared BST's tragic life story with my husband, he said his "nonsense indicator" was beeping :) But what is really comical is how life imitates what it shouldn't. I have often wondered if I will ever leave behind anything more than BST did - or would it be just memories - my vast inheritance to the living?

VegVeda was born out of a desire to find my own answers....  And Food became an essential beginning.. for it is only through proper nourishment of the body that one has the opportunity to discover all the splendor within.

To live rooted in knowledge then, must require that I first live in awareness of what I consume,  then grow to live in mindfulness of my actions and what I produce, and eventually be still in meditation on how my thoughts conceive the universe. Be it the ancient Indian Vedic texts or the Bible, or Teachings of the Buddha, such wisdom is universally available and universally ignored.

These musings are my endeavor to rekindle my search for wisdom;

To aid my own healing and growth....
To give to you all that is worthy in me to offer .....
and
To ask of you to give of your wisdom generously,
To ask of you to share that which makes you whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment