Monday, September 6, 2010

Veda for the Vegetarian-Vegan Soul

The best things in life are... living.

I woke up this morning dismayed, worried, anxious. In moments past and in moments anticipated, I wallowed. And then as the story goes, the living moment - the present - spoke up and gently asked "what about me - can you be with me, I am here now." It's plea filled with love, I could not ignore.

So here I am in my now, in your now - doing the labor of the Soul on what is popularly called "Labor day weekend".  It is an auspicious start, my Indian heritage tells me. Every moment is precious, none more auspicious, my western thoughts chime in.
In this perfect moment, what could be better than to make a beginning.

If you, like me, love animals without wanting or having to eat them then you like me, are searching for another world.
If you, like me, want to start by making a small difference to this world,  perhaps just by buying "cage free eggs" or "organic milk", then you like me are trying to be on the path to something better.
If you, like me, love flavorful food, and do not believe that it needs to have dairy and meat to make it flavorful then you like me are searching for kindred spirits in need of affirmation.
If you, unlike me, eat animals, but are searching for a healthier, more nourishing alternative - even if only partially trying vegetarian food, then I applaud you for the effort.


But most importantly, we are both on the same trek up this soul mountain; So whoever you are, meat eater, vegetarian, vegan - whoever you are soul, I love you, and give to you, as I give to myself.


Let this day begin!

Sumie

No comments:

Post a Comment